Title: The Traveler’s Gift
Author’s Name: Andy Andrews
Audience: All, Teachers, Business People, Entrepreneurs, Internet Marketers, CEO’s, Employees, College Students,
Description/Brief Summary: This Traveler’s Gift Book Review will reveal why Andy Andrews’s influential work should be read by all seeking success. Andy Andrews masterfully combines self-help and a very real, but fictional story in this book. His book is hard to put down because the main character of the story has found himself on an ‘unwilling’ journey that will lead him to visit 7 of the most influential people in all of history.
He does an amazing job of holding the reader with the feelings of despair and the how the characters interact with the main character, David Ponder. I personally found his character’s name to have some significance, when you get into the story and find yourself “pondering” your own past, present, and future successes. If you ever get the chance to hear Andy live, do it. He will impact you in exactly the same way the book does or more!
Is The Traveler’s Gift for YOU?
Andy Andrews’ book,The Traveler’s Gift was published in 2002, By Thomas Nelson, Inc. Entrepreneurs have been applying this knowledge to their personal and to their business relationships with great success. This book focuses your attention on the many ways that every decision you make has created your life up to this very minute. Taking responsibility of your present stage in life will pave the way for your future.
Take it from David, as you will get to know the main character is faced with learning the 7 Decisions of Success, his experience does not have to be your experience!
- The Buck Stops Here! “From this moment forward, I will accept responsibility for my past. I understand that the beginning of wisdom is to accept the responsibility for my own problems and that by accepting responsibility for my past, I free myself to move into a bigger, brighter future of my own choosing.”
- I Will Seek Wisdom. “Knowing that wisdom waits to be gathered, I will actively search her out. My past can never be changed, but I can change the future by changing my actions today. I will change my actions today! I will train my eyes and ears to read and listen to books and recordings that bring in a positive changes in in my personal relationships and a greater understanding of my fellow man….”
- I AM A Person of Action. “Beginning today, I will create a new future by creating a new me. No longer will I do well in a kid of despair, all morning over squander time and lost opportunity. I can do nothing about the past. My future is immediate. I will grasp it in both hands and carry it with running feet. When I’m faced with a choice of doing nothing or doing something, I will always choose to act! I seize this moment, I choose now!…”
- I Have A Decided Heart. “A wise man once said, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” Knowing this to be true, I’m taking my first up today. For too long when you have been tentative, shuffling left and right, more backward than forward as my heart gauged the direction of the wind. Criticism, condemnation, and complaint are creatures of the wind. The come and go on the wasted breath of lesser beings and have no power over me. The power to control direction belongs to me. Today, I will begin to exercise that power. My course has been charted. My destiny is assured…”
- Today, I Will Choose To Be Happy. “Beginning this very moment, I am a happy person, for I now truly understand the concept of happiness. Few others before me have been able to grasp the truth of the physical law that enables one to live happily every day. I know that happiness is not an emotional phantom floating in and out of my life. Happiness is a choice. Happiness is the end result of certain thoughts and activities, which usually bring about a chemical reaction in my body. This reaction results in a euphoria that, while elusive to some, it is totally under my control….”
- I Will Greet This Day With A Forgiving Spirit. “For too long, every ounce of forgiveness I owned was locked away, hidden from view, waiting for me to bestow it precious presence upon some worthy person. Alas, I found most people to be singularly unworthy of my valuable forgiveness, and since they never asked for any, I kept it all for myself. Now, the forgiveness that I hoarded has sprouted inside my heart like a crippled seed yielding bitter fruit…”
- I Will Persist Without Exception. Knowing that I have already made changes in my life that will last forever, today I insert the final piece of the puzzle. I possess the greatest power ever bestowed upon mankind, the power of choice. Today, I choose to persist without exception. Today, I choose to persist without exception. No longer will I live in a dimension of distraction, my focus blown hither and yon like a leaf on a blustery day. I know the outcome I desire. I hold fast to my dreams. I stay the course. I do not quit!…
“Placing his elbows on his knees, the president leaned forward and took a deep breath. “Listen to me now. You are where you are because of your thinking. Your thinking dictates your decisions. Decisions are choices. Years ago, you chose where you would attend college. You chose your course of study. When you graduated with the degree you chose to pursue, you chose the companies to which you would send a résumé. After interviewing with the companies that responded, you chose the one for which you would work. Somewhere during that time, you chose to go to a party or a play or a ball game. There, you met a girl whom you chose to marry. Together, you chose to have a family and how large that family would be.
“When you chose the house in which you would live and the cars you would drive, you chose how much the payments would be each month. By choosing to eat rib eye steaks or hot dogs, you chose your household expenses. And you were the one who chose not to take early retirement. You chose to stay until the bitter end. Years ago, you began making the choices that led you to your present situation. And you walked right down the middle of the path every step of the way.”
Truman paused. He pulled out his handkerchief and wiped his brow. David’s head was hanging, his chin on his chest. “David, look at me,” the president said. David’s eyes met his. “The words It’s not my fault!” should never again come from your mouth. The words It’s not my fault! have been symbolically written on the gravestones of unsuccessful people ever since Eve took her first bite of the apple. Until a person takes responsibility for where he is, there is no basis for moving on. The bad news is that the past was in your hands, but the good news is that the future, my friend, is also in your hands.”
As the president leaned forward to touch the younger man on the shoulder, he was interrupted by three quick knocks on the door. “Mr. President,” came a voice from the hallway. It was Fred Canfil….”
The Traveler’s Gift Review:
I found that the 7 Success Decisions were decisions I was making all the time. It didn’t take much time to see it. I began to apply these decisions to my business and my personal life. Thinking in a different way will change how you think in every way!
When I discovered how the 7 Success Decisions could be used to help others, especially those closest to me, I realized I must begin to share this book with as many as I can. It is now my desire to hear Andy Andrews in person as soon as I can!
“Your thinking dictates your decisions.” ~ Andy Andrews
I found myself wanting to learn more. Other books by Andy Andrews include:
- The Young Traveler’s Gift
- The Noticer
- The Noticer Returns
- Heart Mender
- Butterfly Effect
- 11 Million People
- The Lost Choice
- Seven Decisions
- Mastering the 7 Decisions
- Baseball Boys and Bad Words
- Return to Sawyerton Spring: A Mostly True Tail Filled With Love, Learning, & Laughter
- Sox for Christmas
- Island of Saints (in Spanish)
- The Final Summit (in Spanish)
- Perspectiva (in Spanish)
- The Kid Who Changed the World (Children’s Book)
I recommend these books. Get Andy Andrews’s Traveler’s Gift book below.